Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday May 31, 2012

I guess my great grandson trained us to well. We had to get up at 6:30 to care for him as his parents had early hours job. Well, we still get up at 6:30!  We had our pancakes breakfast and left the park after closing the RV down. Got about 8 miles up I 75 and I couldn't fine my cell phone. Linda dialed the number and we did not hear the ring so we decided to make a return to the RV park and look for it! Some start to our move to a new RV park. After we found a spot to park the rig I got out to disconnect the car so we could drive it back to find my phone. As I stepped off the RV I felt the phone in my pocket!! Dumb - huh?  In any case I praised the Lord as we found it before we disconnected the car and drove all the way back to the  RV park.

The road to North Shores Resort near Greensboro was rather slow as we were on back roads in GA. We stopped at a Pilot Service Area to fuel up. We tried to go to the front pumps but there just wasn't enough room. So we drove around to the truck fueling pumps. While we were in Southern Trails, Wayne Cassada called and told us that Good Sam was opening up the program to get a lifetime membership. I looked on the internet and it was $499 - to much, but Wayne said if I called an 800 number it was $199. So I did and we purchased the lifetime program. The reason we did this is that Pilot gives 8 cents off a gallon of diesel and that seemed pretty good to me. To my surprise, we did get the 8 cents discount. Guess we can say something good for computers. That was a fast upgrade - 2 days! The cost came to $3.61 a gallon with the 8 cents discount! That will help on our trip across this wonderful country.

When we got to the North Shores Resort we drove up to the lowered gate and I stopped the motor to get out and register. A lady was at the drivers window and asked if I was Otis Lutz, She had our package in her hand and the map to the site we will have for 2 weeks and said that all was ready and I could go directly to our site. I think we are really going to like this Resort of Distinctions. 50 amp service - free! Sounds good to me. Linda is very happy with this resort as there is a Publix grocery store within 9 miles. One happy camper.

When we left Southern Trails Resort our new fellow full timers gave us a loaf of home made bread. We saved it for dinner after we set up. Man was it good! 

When we parked at our site and leveled I told Linda it would be a miracle if we could get Direct TV  through all the trees. Well God gave us a miracle as we have perfect HD Direct TV! We are set for 2 weeks here.







 Our RV site a North Shores Resort

It is 98 degrees out as I write this. To hot to play miniature golf.

Otis and Linda Lutz

No comments:

Post a Comment