Monday, May 7, 2012

The 24th is quickly approaching and we are getting things done. Linda said that we had a leak under the sink. That is not good so I looked into it and found that the seal was leaking at the drain. I took the drain apart (not a hard job) and found that is was installed incorrectly! The gasket that was to go against the top of the sink was put on the bottom and the paper washer was put as the top gasket! Of course it leaked. I went to Lowe's and bought 2 as it looked like the other sink was incorrectly installed also. I could have used the original units as they were in good shape except they had all this putty on them. In any case, this job was done.

This last week Linda went to have her teeth cleaned (me too) and two cavities repaired. She also had her hair done so we are getting closer to being all ready.

I have our spread sheet all ready and we will be reporting on our expenses as we travel. I got the spreadsheet from http://www.rv-dreams.com/about-us.html. What a great web site. He really tells it like it is.

I have been researching solar for the coach. Really want to get it so I can be a prepper. So far the best deal is with US SOLAR. One place gave me the following estimate:
I only estimate the labor and will bill it at the actual amount of time required for your installation. A 3-panel system typically will require 20-24 hours if installation time, billed at $100/hour. I can do the installation over a 3-day period at my shop, or I can do it on-site where your coach is parked. On-site service requires travel time and hotel/living expense -reimbursement in addition to the parts/labor for the installation. It will be more cost-effective to bring your coach to Marco Island. We have a secure storage yard adjacent to our facility where the work will be performed.

Assuming that he installation is done here, parts will be approximately $1840 plus shipping and labor approximately $2400. Again, please note that all fees are billed on the actual time and material basis as we do not work from estimates. These are provided solely to give you an idea of the costs involved.
US SOLAR gave me the following:
 We can come to you at the thousand trails rv resort in camp Verde Az. For 3 panels installed plus 30 amp digital charge controller plus wiring and installation would be $1400.00 Please advise if this will work for you. Thanks and sorry i haven't gotten back to you quicker. Been very busy in business. 
Will keep researching but like the USSOLAR thus far,

No comments:

Post a Comment