Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our 2012 rv trip

4/22/2012
We are Linda and Otis Lutz. We are going full timing in our RV.

We are traveling in a 2010 Tiffin Phaeton model 40QTH.

About us

I met Linda on a blind date set up by her uncle way back in the early 60's It was love at first sight and we were married 6 weeks later. We are now in our 51st year of marriage and have 2 daughters (one died in 2001), one son, 5 granddaughters and two great grandsons.

I graduated from the University of Florida in 1965 with a degree in electrical engineering and from Lehigh University in 1967 with a masters in operation research. Following my degrees I worked at Harris Corp. designing Automatic Test Systems and did software for the spacecraft. In 1979 I started my own computer business and retired from the business in 1991. I then started square dance calling and built my own square dance barn. It was sold for commercial development and we bought our present house in Grant Valkaria.

Being an engineer I plan things. I started late last year to plan this years travels using Delorme Street Atlas and the 2012 RV Road Trip Navigator. The trip I plan has a start date and an end date. Except for our annual Family Reunion July trip, all else is flexible. We belong to Thousand Trails and Resorts of Distinction, which gives us "free" camping, so we try to stay at these facilities. I will say, if you don't have these "clubs" that they are well worth it IF YOU BUY ON THE resale market!.

It is Sunday and we sit in our RV at our RV spot at our sick house in Grant Valkaria. I do believe we are nearly ready to head out  but we take care of our great grandson so we are here until May 24th. Still have to finish waxing the coach and the car (HHR) that we pull with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment