Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday August 8, 2012

Been a couple of days but we have been busy. We have had Dr. Ron and Jan Nelson come join us at St. Claire. We went out for our 51 st Anniversary and had a delightful meal with Ron and Jan. We have along side of us another Dr. from Florida. Ed and Sue. Really nice couple and the 2 Doctors, Jan, Sue, Linda and  I have spent many hours visiting. Been an excellent time here.

The weather here is outstanding. At night we have to turn the heat on as it gets into the 50's and during the day it stays in the high 70's to high 80's. Not high humidity and a nice breeze. Wonderful weather.

With such a wonderful setting, I have wondered what our world would be like if we were to be able to live in peace with the world! We don't watch the news hardly at all as we don't want the negatives to mess up our good vibes. It is hard to imagine our wonderful country being able to recover from the financial and moral mess we find ourselves in. This is when I remember the wonderful promise that God has given us:

2 Chronicles  7:14

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

I thought, WOW. There is a way from here to there! And it does not depend upon anyone other than those who profess to be Christians. There is no number limit or time limit. I guess it means that we have to be a little LESS tolerant of the things we know to be sin and stand up for what is right in God's sight.  I will only mention one of the things we are taught to be tolerant of to show what we must turn from to have God heal our land.

Romans 1:27

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Well, Linda and I are out praising God for his goodness and  watch-care over us so I will just say we are having a really great time .

No comments:

Post a Comment